Tuesday, July 14, 2009

(Poet Spotlight) Brave New Voices

Why is it raining? LAME

So, I'm currently working on wuslam.com, but while I'm working on it, I thought I'd give the first "Poet Spotlight" post.

although this is the first "poet spotlight," it's not focused on one poet. If you don't like it, I hope a banana falls on your head and give you a concussion...huh?

I'm definitely talking about Brave New Voices.


I'll be real, this is the real deal. If you ever want to see some of the beast young poets bring it, this is the stage to see it. I wish I could make it out there, but hey, I gotta make a living. (*
sigh*) With about 50 teams registered, more on the wait list, and with the attention gained from the HBO documentary, BNV is where your poetic eyes should be. If you are in the Chicago area, make sure you show your face. I'll probably dedicate a REAL "Poet Spotlight" to the winning team, but until then, go check it out, watch for videos, and support youth poetry.

For information, check http://www.bravenewvoices.org

No comments: